I made these:
Mexican Cookie Rings
“This cookie is sure to win compliments and they don’t take hours to make.”
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons multicolored sprinkles (jimmies) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolks and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy. Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Push your thumb through center of each ball and shape dough into a ring. Dip top of each ring in decorating candies. Place cookies onto the prepare baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the baking sheets and let cool on racks.