I love this .gif! So cute. So anyway!! Please keep reading…
My family and some other homeschoolers went to a local dairy! I finally get around to posting about it…lol!
There were baby cows… (a day old in this picture)
There were big dogs..
Some hay!! 🙂
The evil cow stare….never thought I would see that! ❤ 😉
Where the cows would get milked…I got nauseous! It was a bit hot…and smelled like warm milk..but was an interesting process!
You may have heard of preemie humans, but have you heard of preemie calfs? #sosad 😦
We had a great time!! Thank you all!!
#dairy #farm #lifestyle
THX guys! Lots of followers! Awesome! 23…well, 22 not counting me. 🙂 Can you pass the blog on? Let’s see if we can get to 25! ….or more…below you can see all of my followers….as a tribute to them! Thank you all!
(Most recent followers)
Happy Monday, readers! Today on the blog…
- Monday Update
- New Pix!!
OK! Let’s get to blogging!
Fresh, organic blueberries!
We went u-picking at the blueberry place next town over had a ton of fun!!Valenta’s farm
I made these:
Mexican Cookie Rings
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons multicolored sprinkles (jimmies) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg yolks and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy. Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Shape into 1 inch balls. Push your thumb through center of each ball and shape dough into a ring. Dip top of each ring in decorating candies. Place cookies onto the prepare baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the baking sheets and let cool on racks.
Although I have not watched many (if not none) of the Star Wars Movie, I wanted to say happy unofficial star wars day! May the fourth (force) be with you!!
Welcome back me! Wow! I have not posted since last Friday! I am busy and staying that way, it seems!
I love baking, and have lately been baking 2 or 3 items at a time. For example, right now there are apple bars baking and bread rising in our kitchen right now. :O Apple bars recipe courtesy of www.cookingoncloverlane.blogspot.com
OK now for some tips!
Good qualifications: good job!
Okay, so I do not need a job anytime soon, but volunteering (and sometimes getting paid for it) get you good list items to name on your resume and-drum roll please……you can ask your volunteer ‘boss’ for a letter of recommendation!
For example, things I have been volunteering for this summer:
Building Young Leaders, a local education center
- Playhouse _____, a theatre center
- My dad’s school which he is principal of( I have earned money doing odd jobs here)
- Petsitting is a great way to earn money (although not volunteering)
- Just being helpful is a natural way to help out and is fun especially when you get paid for it!
- VBS- vacation Bible school!
Moving on to:
OKay. The first pic, a cool vintage looking fire hydrant, totally me, was sitting there waiting for me to #clicksnapshare, and used Photos on the Mac to give it a Instant, Vintage feel.
Second pic, Road Closed 1, also vintage- used Photos on the Mac to give it a Instant, Vintage feel. I loved the old original feel, and the sign was the perfect subject- get off that closed road! Haha. Personal joke, anyway. With picture 3…
I used Photos on the Mac to give it a Instant, Vintage feel again, but instead, I gave it a little B&W (black and white) touch.
Picture four is of a Jeffrey pine….anyone know anything special about that????? Okay, it smells amazing! Like caramel and butterscotch….oh so good! Go to Yosemite and look for this tree and don’t be afraid to try it, because other people do it too! Plus, the weird people are just smart and brave, looked at jealously by people afraid to try. When someone calls you weird, look at it as a compliment. Anyway. People around you will probably look at you smelling trees and try it too, and find out about the Jeffrey pine! Good job, teacher!
This pic anyway looks at the bark of the tree (the yummy smell part) and focuses intently on it, looking away from the other tree log, and focusing on the bark instead. Huh! Awesome sauce!
Thursday Madness begins w/ photography!
Fishing from a pontoon patio boat on the lake is awesome and a great place to take pix! Photo credit: me
Big trees….woh! Look how amazing and tall God’s logs are!! Awesome!! Photo credit: me
Perhaps a new Freebies page…..for followers only! Follow now and you will get freebies, shoutouts, and more awesome opportunities!
More coming soon,
Stay lovely, Keep quaint.
Like it? Like this post. Love it? Follow us. Already follow? Comment. Keep quaint, stay lovely
Keep quaint, stay lovely. That’s the basics.
Click and snap, cook and bake. Rules apply.
Vintage chic. That’s the style.
Smile and wave. Protocol for famousness.
Basics here at Quaint and Lovely.